MID SUMMER’S DAY AT BENMORE GARDEN
Sue can be found in the formal garden, near Puck’s hut throughout the afternoon.
Come along, relax and enjoy the day or follow us on Facebook and twitter -for updates and some images from Benmore.
“I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where ox-lips and the nodding violet grows.”
William Shakespeare, A Midsummer’s Night Dream
Join our poet Sue Butler at Benmore Botanic Garden throughout June, running workshops and special events for visitors.
- A special celebration will mark Father’s Day on Sunday 16 June
- Walk through the garden with Sue and write some poems at her “Walk, Listen and Write” Workshops, Sat/Sun/Mon from 8 to 29 June, 2pm to 3.30pm (except 16 June)
- Join Sue on Friday 21 to mark midsummer’s day between 11.00am – 4.00pm in Benmore Botanic Garden’s magical surroundings.
GARDEN ADMISSION APPLIES
Walking With Poets highlights in June at Bemore Garden include:
- Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Benmore Garden’s Redwood Avenue, Sue Butler will curate, write and edit 150 original poems during her month long residency in Argyll.
- Open Day, Sunday 2 June – Sue will edit and publish ten communal poems after speaking to visitors during Benmore’s annual Open Day
- Fathers and gardens, Sunday 16 June – Sue invites visitors to the garden to celebrate Father’s Day with poetry and horticulture in mind
- Starting on Saturday 8 June and finishing on Saturday 29 June, Sue will host and guide regular “Walk, Listen and Write” workshops on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 2 – 3.30pm. Everyone is welcome.
All poetry events are free with garden admission.
Sue will be in Benmore Garden most days, observing and writing about her experiences in the Garden.
A full timetable will be posted soon.